MTS_widgetCallback({"61_0": "","24_0": "
","23_0": "BULLHEAD CITY — A woman originally believed to have been a victim in a July 4 home invasion was arrested Friday morning by the Bullhead City Police for allegedly conspiring with two other suspects in an attack that left one victim with serious head injuries.
According to Emily Fromelt, spokeswoman for the police department, 22-year-old Sandra “Santa” Luisa Lujan was taken into custody shortly after midnight on suspicion of three counts of aggravated assault, three counts of kidnapping and armed robbery following intense investigations into a home invasion where victim Matthew Lee Pritchard, 20, suffered a fractured skull when he was allegedly struck in the head with a baseball bat.
Pritchard was taken to Western Arizona Regional Medical Center and then airlifted to a Las Vegas hospital for additional treatment.
Lujan’s arrest was just one of three related to the home invasion. Two other suspects, Brandon Lee Harcourt, 20, and Joshua Blaine Saddler, 24, were arrested by detectives last month for their alleged involvement in the case.
Police were made aware of the home invasion early on July 4 when Pritchard was taken to WARMC for medical treatment.
“Around 6:30 a.m., in the 1600 block of Lynn Drive, Pritchard, along with his 19-year-old brother and his brother’s 17-year-old girlfriend, were sleeping when two men, later identified as Harcourt and Saddler, dressed in all black with ski masks entered the residence where Saddler allegedly assaulted Pritchard in the head with the baseball bat,” said Fromelt. “The victims were then tied up while the males robbed the residence. In addition to the three victims, a fourth victim, Lujan, who was also a roommate of Pritchard’s, was also tied up. Lujan’s 4-year-old daughter who was inside the residence at the time during the robbery was unharmed by the assailants.”
Fromelt said the suspects took several electronic devices before fleeing the residence.
Detectives investigating the case uncovered a chilling connection between the alleged masked men and Lujan.
“We later learned that Lujan had allegedly organized with her friends, Harcourt and Saddler, to rob her roommates. She allegedly notified the two when her roommates went to bed and advised both to steal their belongings. Then one of the suspects allegedly tied Lujan up so that it appeared to police she was a victim of the home invasion robbery.
“After the incident, the three allegedly sold the electronics they stole from Pritchard’s residence for cash and split the money between themselves.”
Pritchard, has since been released from the Las Vegas hospital and is recovering.
A Mohave County jail spokesperson reported Monday that Lujan was being held on a $25,000 bond.
Saddler, who is currently being held on a $250,000 bond and a 30-day commitment, was indicted on Oct. 31 by a Mohave County Superior Court grand jury on nine felony charges, which include one count of burglary in the first degree; three counts of kidnapping; two counts of armed robbery and three counts of assault with a deadly weapon. Harcourt has since been released.
This isn’t the first time all three individuals have been in trouble with the law. Dating back to 2007, Saddler has pled guilty to 11 felony and misdemeanor charges. Those include shoplifting, providing liquor to a minor, numerous drug paraphernalia charges and a few local charges that were not specified by the court.
Harcourt has had his own run-ins with the police and court system since 2011, when he was arrested, charged and later pled guilty to providing liquor to a minor, assault with intent to injure, drug paraphernalia and several traffic violations. In addition to the home invasion robbery charges, Harcourt has an open case before Bullhead City Municipal Judge Douglas Blaydes for disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing in the first degree, criminal damage-deface and failure to appear in the second degree from an incident on May 22.
Lujan came face to face with the law after she was arrested for her involvement in the May case with Harcourt. She was originally charged with seven counts, but pled guilty in a stipulated plea deal to criminal trespassing in the first degree and assault with intent to injure. Lujan was later sentenced to probation.